Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Overview Performs routine maintenance and repairs on heavy
construction equipment and vehicles including Cranes, Excavators,
Loaders, etc. as well as pickup trucks. Knowledge of diesel fuel
systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and general
mechanical experience is required. Works primarily in the shop but
also performs field repairs when necessary. Reports condition of
vehicles and equipment and records repairs and maintenance in daily
- Diagnose and repair/rebuild all equipment and vehicles as
determined by the Shop Manager.
- Repairs vehicles and equipment according to schedules.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and vehicles as needed
and on time.
- Operate construction equipment and vehicles in order to
- Perform miscellaneous welding to repair items not requiring a
- Strive to maintain zero repeat/redo repairs.
- Clean equipment and vehicles in the process of making
- Maintain daily logs in a legitimate, timely and organized
- May drive Lube Truck to fuel and service equipment in personnel
- May drive company pickup truck to get parts.
- Meet daily, weekly & monthly safety inspection goal at shop &
in the field.
- Assist in keeping the shop organized and clean.
- Assist with small tool and equipment maintenance, repair as
- Seek knowledge of new technologies/methods used in truck and
- Recommend measures to Shop Manager to improve safety,
production, equipment performance and repair quality.
- Abide by company work policies and safety rules.
- Support and/or adheres to the company's mission, values,
philosophies, and policies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance
and resources. Qualifications
- High school education; or up to two years related experience or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working on heavy
construction equipment and vehicles
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with diesel fuel
systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems
- A minimum of 2 years of experience performing field
- Be able to physically lift 50 - 100 LBS
- Be able to regularly stand for long periods of time, walk,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Specific vision abilities are required, which includes to have
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform mathematical problems
- Valid driver license is a requirement. Commercial Driver
License preferred Benefits
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k + Company Matching
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long and short term disability
- Life Insurance
- Growth and advancement
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, West Jordan , Shop Mechanic, Engineering , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!