ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Company: At Home Group Inc.
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job SummaryJob DescriptionThe Assistant Store Manager position
is focused on At Home's largest stores, with high square footage,
high volume of sales and 25 or more team members. in partnership
with the Store Director, the Assistant Store Manager manages the
operational and team member aspects of the business at the store
level. The ASM selects, directs, develops and motivates team
members to execute the Company's business objectives to ensure
customer satisfaction and maximize sales. The ASM manages the
entirety of the store team to maintain a neat, clean and safe store
to provide the kind of environment our customers want to shop and
in which our team members enjoy working. The ASM achieves success
by providing problem-solving resources; managing staff and working
collaboratively with the Store Director.Summary Of Key Roles &
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The ASM is responsible for building, coaching and maintaining a
store team to meet business objectives. The ASM will recruit,
interview, and manage team members to ensure positive customer
experience and positive team member development. The ASM plays an
essential role in the hiring process, including recruiting,
reviewing resumes, interviewing and evaluating candidates, and
selecting candidates for hire. Ensures all new hires are properly
- The ASM coaches team members, drives team member performance,
sets team member goals and, where appropriate, takes follow-up
action with team members, including developing written performance
support plans and other related performance improvement and
corrective matters. The SM is an active participant in all
employment decisions for store team members, including decisions
relating to team member compensation, promotions, transfers and
- The ASM directs and schedules team members for their shifts and
tasks on a daily and weekly basis, and adjusts the schedule as
needed based on operational objectives.
- Analyzes store financial and business data through the store
scorecard, including sales and expenses, and develops and executes
budgets, financial plans and strategies to maximize sales and
- Manages the store in a manner designed to provide customers a
positive shopping experience in a neat, clean and safe store while
minimizing damages and shrink.
- Trains and directs team members on proper Company policies and
procedures and ensure compliance with Company policies and
- Leads the store team in the areas of customer satisfaction,
team/team member development, merchandising, inventory, cash
control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense
control, so the store will operate effectively and profitably.
Develops and leads regular meetings with team members on these
- Serves as a role model and coach, especially as it relates to
the customer experience and maintaining a neat, clean, and
organized store through conditioning, through living the vision and
- Builds and maintains a strong and highly productive team by
helping team members understand strategy and business model to
ensure consistent and standard execution of At Home
- Responsible for managing the store opening and closing process,
which includes timely openings, operational readiness,
troubleshooting, team management, and building, asset, and team
- Manages the flow of cash accurately, analyzes and reports daily
sales numbers by ensuring front-end audit and cash compliance
responsibilities are maintained.
- Coordinates with Store Director to maximize staffing
effectiveness to support the business flow of customer traffic and
sales including reviewing team member time records for compliance
with Company timekeeping policies, and processing payroll timely
and accurately to meet labor model standards and business metrics.
The ASM adjusts staffing assignments and team schedules as needed
to comply with operational objectives, and makes recommendations
about whether additional labor, such as team member overtime or
additional people, may be necessary. Responsible for approving team
member overtime when necessary.
- Plans, delegates and manages tasks performed by team members to
ensure completion and performance in the most efficient
- Addresses team member and customer concerns and problems in the
- And, any additional assigned responsibilities.Qualifications &
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma/Equivalent; College degree preferred
- At least 3 years Management/Leadership experience or equivalent
At Home experience
- At least 3 years' direct responsibility of leading 10 or more
people in multiple departments or equivalent At Home
- At least 1 year experience direct/indirect familiarity or
responsibility for annual revenue, operating budget, or profit &
loss dollars of at least $5 million
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and some holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., team lift 100 lbs.
- Contributes to a customer focused environment while
demonstrating excellent service.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, team and
leadership; keeps others informed and takes appropriate
partnerships where necessary. Excellent verbal, written and
comprehension communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy role model for ethical and honest
behavior. Does the right thing for the team member, the customer
and the company in all situations.
- Creates a sense of urgency; promotes team work, delegates
appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives.
Timely and thorough execution.
- Ability to comprehend, train, develops, motivate and lead in a
manner of fostering a work environment that is smart & scrappy,
safe and fun.
- Flexible and creative with an ability to handle multiple tasks
where priorities shift with the demands of the business. About
UsWhen you're a part of our team, you have the full support of a
diverse, close-knit team in our stores. We consider all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender
identity and expression, marital or military status. We also
provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
and applicable state and local law. At Home is committed to
knitting diversity and inclusion into the fabric of our culture; we
respect, appreciate and celebrate the experiences and qualities
that differentiate everyone on the At Home team.
Keywords: At Home Group Inc., West Jordan , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, Executive , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!