Medical Assistant/Scribe - Paid Clinical Hours - West Jordan - Job ID 2120074
Company: Granger Medical
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Medical Assistant/ScribeGranger Medical Clinic has gone for a
Full or Part Time Medical Assistant/Scribe at our West Jordan
Granger Medical Clinic - West Jordan, Utah
Full Time or Part Time
Overview:Perfect opportunity for students interested in pursuing
medical school or a physician assistant program. Position includes
direct patient care in a clinical setting. Clinical hours while
working closely with physicians and physician assistants;
performing intake interviews, presenting chief complaint, history
of present illness and more. You accompany providers during full
patient examination and participate in implementing treatment
plans, patient education, assisting with in-office procedures;
nerve blocks, trigger point injections, therapeutic Botox
treatments as well as medical scribing using advanced electronic
medical record system. The experience and knowledge to be gained
with a position like this is great preparation for a future career
as a clinician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills,
excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt
to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and
- Excellent customer service skills - able to communicate
courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to
help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in
writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Prepare in advance required information for patient
- Greet, room and complete patient intake interview.
- Convey patient intake information to treating provider,
accompany provider during patient examination.
- Accurately transcribe information into the chart as provider
examines patient, discusses the treatment/plan of care.
- Precisely & efficiently order/schedule/authorize recommended
- Assist with educating patients on proposed treatment plan,
procedure instructions and more.
- Assist with procedure visits as needed.
- Return patient phone calls in a timely manner, compassionately
relaying information between provider &patient.
- This person documents all patient interactions in electronic
medical record.Education and Experience:
- Scribe experience is a plusPhysical Requirements and Working
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and
other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditionsBenefits:Granger
Medical Clinic offers competitive wages and excellent benefits.
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Sick leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with a Company Match, Profit Share, and Safe Harbor
- Tuition Reimbursement
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical
Clinic complies with state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, recruiting,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation and training.We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regards to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing,
Family &Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.#HP123
Keywords: Granger Medical, West Jordan , Medical Assistant/Scribe - Paid Clinical Hours - West Jordan - Job ID 2120074, Healthcare , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!