Medical Assistant-Post Procedure - IMMEDIATE OPENI
Company: Granger Medical
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionGranger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening
for a Full Time Medical Assistant-Post Procedure at our West Jordan
- Pain clinic in West Jordan, UT is looking for a full time Post
Op MA to join our procedure team. Great opportunity for a CNA or
EMT looking for a regular daytime schedule. All shifts are weekday,
business hours, no evenings or holidays. Also perfect for pre-med
or pre-PA school students looking for clinical hours, providing
direct patient care in a clinical setting. The Post Op Medical
Assistant is an integral part of the procedure team, working with
physicians, nurses and Rad Techs to provide patients with an
- Provide post-procedure care for patients being seen for
interventional pain treatments such as epidural spine injections,
nerve blocks, etc.
- On the job training will be provided for Entry-level Medical
Assistant, EMT or CNA.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Medical Assistant, OR Tech, CNA or other healthcare training
with knowledge of basic patient care, vital signs, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and time management are key to
being successful in this position.
- Proven customer service and effective communication
- Ability to handle difficult patient conversations with kindness
- Working knowledge of electronic medical record systems;
scheduling, prescriptions, chart review, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to
help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate in
English.Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assist procedure team with transferring patients from procedure
table to wheelchair.
- Transport patients via wheelchair from procedure room to
- Assist patients from wheelchair to recovery chair.
- Obtain, document and communicate post-procedure vital signs to
- Educate patients and their family members on after-care
- Provide patients with follow up plan, occasional scheduling of
future procedures, follow up visits.
- Prepare prescriptions via EMR for post-procedure medications as
- Transport or assist patients out after recovery period.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Healthcare TrainingPhysical Requirements and Working
- Physical work; assisting with patient transfers and wheelchair
- Repetitive motion associated with transporting patients,
operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions as well as
outside, possible all weather conditions.Granger Medical Clinic
offers competitive wages, potential for quarterly bonuses, and
excellent benefits. Benefits include:
- Sick leave
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with a Company Match, Profit Share, and Safe Harbor
contributionsGranger Medical Clinic provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation and training.We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regards to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing,
Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.#HP123
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Granger Medical, West Jordan , Medical Assistant-Post Procedure - IMMEDIATE OPENI, Healthcare , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!