Medical Assistant - Podiatry - West Jordan - FT
Company: Granger Medical
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant - PodiatryGranger Medical
Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Medical Assistant
in our Podiatry department at our West Jordan locationOverview:
- The Medical Assistant will work closely with physicians and
support staff to provide patient care including: telephone triage,
insurance authorizations, recording of vital signs (blood pressure,
temperature, etc.), administration of immunizations, phlebotomy,
maintenance of exam rooms and filing. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Excellent customer service skills able to communicate
courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to
help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in
writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- X-Ray experience would be helpful.
- Additional languages helpful.Essential Functions and Duties:
- Answer phones, schedule appointments and greet patients for
medical or other services.
- Record all demographic information necessary to contact
patients and do prior authorization for medications and
- Prepare patients for exams and supply the provider with all
relevant information (lab results, vital signs, medications,
- Communicate with patients regarding their appointment
scheduling and other needs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- 2 year experience preferred.
- 1 year Medical Office experiencePhysical Requirements and
- Standing and walking for extended periods, Lifting up to
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and
other office equipment.
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions.Granger Medical
Clinic offers competitive wages, potential for quarterly bonuses,
and excellent benefits. Benefits include:
- Sick leave
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with a Company Match, Profit Share, and Safe Harbor
contributionsGranger Medical Clinic provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation and training.We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regards to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing,
Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.#HP123
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Granger Medical, West Jordan , Medical Assistant - Podiatry - West Jordan - FT, Healthcare , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!