Assistant Store Manager/ Supervisor
Company: Beaches Tanning Center
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionBeaches Tanning Center of Utah and Salt Lake
Counties is looking to hire full-time Assistant Manager. Are you a
good leader with a positive, friendly demeanor who is interested in
starting a career in management? Do you enjoy teaching and
mentoring others? Are you goal-oriented? If so, please read on!Our
Assistant Managers earn an average of $14-$18/hr from a base pay
plus uncapped commissions and bonuses. We offer benefits including
medical (employer pays 50%), dental, vision, and life insurance.
You would also enjoy great perks including unlimited free tanning,
discounted spa services, free lotion, $7-$10 spray tans, schedule
flexibility, and priceless business management experience. If this
sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now!ABOUT BEACHES
TANNING CENTERWe sell sunshine! For more than 17 years, we have
been producing flawless, sun-kissed results with our excellent
customer service, pristine facilities, and innovative technology.
Voted Utah's Best Tanning Salon for nine consecutive years, we are
more than just a tanning salon. At our nine convenient locations,
we provide high-quality, affordable spa services ranging from red
light therapy to our advanced Cocoon-Wellness Pro system.As the
best in the business, we need our staff to meet the same standard
as our top-notch equipment. We know that we are nothing without our
team. That's why we take good care of them. We believe in setting
high goals and rewarding those who achieve them! Along with our fun
store competitions, we reward top performers with added monthly
bonuses. Since we only promote from within, there are always
opportunities for advancement.JOB OVERVIEW:The Assistant Store
Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service and
will be in direct contact with customers. You will support the
Store Manager in achieving sales goals and keeping team members on
task and the facility clean and well-stocked. The Assistant Store
Manager will also be responsible for on boarding and training new
hires. As you grow in your role, you will work towards becoming a
Store Manager.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and assist the Store Manager in cleaning, training,
customer service, and any other assigned tasks.
- Resolve or escalate customer service issues in a timely
- Support company marketing efforts with approved language and
visual displays/social media.
- Proficient in on boarding and training new hires.
- Proficient at setting shift goals and follow up, coaching and
training staff on sales expectations.
- Uphold a strong sales performance and lead by example.
- Reports and resolves employee issues with upper management
(tardiness, dress code, unprofessional behavior etc.).
- Attend and participate in company meetings; assist in
delivering corporate content to the store associates (promotions,
- Assist in preparing for store meeting; conduct
training/coaching segment during store meeting.
- Conduct bi-monthly inventory checks and report any
discrepancies to inventory controller.
- Attend weekly management meeting to review numbers, store
operations, and strategy.
- Conduct weekly audits of courtesy tans, employee tans and
- Share the responsibility of personally covering uncovered
shifts, whether it is weekends, holidays, or days off.
- Schedule and confirm all cleaning expectations are up to
standard, including weekly deep cleans and daily chores.
- Maintain a clean facility, report, and follow through on
- Support a positive and respectful learning environment.
- Understand store manager responsibilities and be able to cover
when needed.GENERAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Ability to promote and work in team environment
- Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve
complex customer issues
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills -conflict
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Oversee small and large projects and tasks
- Establish productive working relationships with all levels
within the organization
- Complete understanding of inventory control and follow
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Basic grammar, math, and computer skills
- 2 or more years of related industry or retail experience, or at
least 1 year of Beaches employment
- Flexible schedule and must be available to work 40 hours per
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni (complete
within the 90-day position trial period, if not completed)
- Crucial conversations (complete within the 180 days from
position start date)
- Certification and Class requirementsBENEFITS:
- Medical (50% covered by employer), Dental, Vision and Life
- Free UV/Spa and $7-$10 Spray Tanning
- Access to employee tanning lotion
- 30% off all product
- Flexible ScheduleARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM?If
you are interested in an associate or assistant management
position, please fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Beaches Tanning Center, West Jordan , Assistant Store Manager/ Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!