Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Performance Team
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: July 29, 2022
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and
value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees
alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our
customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk
global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution
division, offer third party logistics services to over 500
customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of
warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large
transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key
supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas,
and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with
multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and
profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and
Services business for the combined US business units for
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner position will support
various assigned facilities with human resource functions by
providing front line response in the areas of employee relations,
performance management, benefits, leaves of absence, training,
record tracking, policy interpretation, procedure implementation,
personnel actions and other areas within the HR department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as first point of contact for all employee related issues
including, but not limited to: harassment, wage & hour concerns,
leaves of absence, injuries, onboarding, terminations, attendance,
investigations and disciplinary actions.
* Conduct employee investigations; gather witness statements, make
recommendations regarding next steps.
* Ensure compliance with various state and federal wage/hour laws,
signage, postings, etc.
* Assist with the implementation of department and company goals,
objectives, policies and procedures.
* Manage company-wide performance management process, including
Performance Improvement Plans and corrective actions.
* Provide support and coaching to managers in employee related
* Work with facility leaders to strategically manage headcount and
temporary staffing needs.
* Assist with creation and implementation of HR focused and company
based policies and procedures.
* Assist Managers with termination paperwork, exit interviews and
* Participate in unemployment, wage/hour and EEOC hearings.
* Assist with company-wide harassment and employee development
* Manage and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data
* Create and assist in the evaluation of reports.
* Assist with keeping organization charts current.
* Advise employees and management in the interpretation of human
resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and
* Perform tasks and duties of a strategic nature and scope as
* Spanish fluency preferred
* Position is full-time and on-site
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
with or 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. HR
Certification (PHR/SPHR) highly desired.
* Requires strong background in employee relations in a
* Investigation experience and excellent understanding of
Keywords: Performance Team, West Jordan , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!