Packaging Cell Owner
Company: Danone North America
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: November 17, 2020
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote
for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we
make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish
people s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon
Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy
Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest
Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to
redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we
create real benefits for people, our communities, and the
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone
North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and
Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North
America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading
benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26
weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture
committed to both business results and social purpose. When you
join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is
inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Packaging Cell Owner in our
West Jordan, Utah manufacturing facility. As a Packaging Cell
owner, you will be responsible for a "cell" which is a group of
production lines. You will ensure that Safety, Food Safety,
Quality, Cost, Delivery and Motivation requirements are met through
effective management of cell team members. You will have enough
skills, resources and tools needed to develop daily work and make
decisions autonomously and achieve business needs and targets fast
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* On a weekly basis, report results and Cell performance.
* Managing the cell s key performance indicators,
* Leading the Daily Management System for the cell, solving daily
non conformities and elevating problems to the proper level and
prioritizing short and long term actions and completion of action
* Ensuring people safety through behavior based audits and
participation in the culture change for zero incidents
* Leading initiatives to improve and sustain product quality and
costs through implementation and training of standard operating
procedures and standardized best practices.
* Directing the cell s team of front line management to ensure
alignment through communication, direction and goal setting,
results measurement and regular feedback.
* Active participation in cell organization s employee selection,
competence development, and performance evaluation.
* Driving teamwork and motivation through results-driven
* Contributing to performance vision and defining targets.
* Building and implementing processes and projects to reach
* Trains, coaches and provides problem solving tools to the
operational teams to create a culture of fact-based decision-making
and analytical skills
* Coaches Shift Managers regarding Food Safety, Quality, Cost and
* Perform other duties as assigned
* You have a Bachelor's degree in
Manufacturing/Engineering/Business Management/Food Science and at
least 3-5 years of previous leadership experience in a high speed
production environment; previous leadership experience in dairy
and/or food manufacturing preferred
* You have theoretical and practical knowledge of Lean
Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies
* You have the ability to transform discussions into practical
steps; ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where limited standardization
* You have strong computer skills including proficiency in the use
of MS Office programs.
* You have sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills the ability
to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with
little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of
* You have excellent time management skills, with the ability to
prioritize and meet deadlines within time constraints.
* You have strong self-management skills. Must bring interpersonal
and communication (written and oral) skills required to interact
with various levels of plant and corporate personnel.
* You are detail-oriented, organized, and possess ability to
multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control,
focus and accuracy with limited supervision in a fast-paced and
* You are a team player, motivated and willing to do whatever is
required to ensure success of the team.
* You are willing to work flexible schedules as needed to support
* You are resourceful and have decision-making ability
* You have the ability to work under pressure and manage others in
potentially stressful conditions
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of
Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White
Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Keywords: Danone North America, West Jordan , Packaging Cell Owner, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!