Company: Salt Lake County
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Performs repair and maintenance of sprinkler systems. Performs
general plumbing duties at various facilities. Installs, maintains,
services, and repairs a variety of plumbing systems throughout Salt
Four (4) years of experience in a field closely related to these
A valid Driver's License issued by the State of Utah is required
to operate a vehicle or equipment at the time of hire.
Must obtain a Backflow Certification license I & II from the
State of Utah within six (6) months of hire date.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be
representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this
position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties
and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without a
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, or replaces automatic
sprinkler/irrigation systems to include electrical and mechanical
- Assists other trades when necessary with maintenance and
- Installs, repairs, renovates, and maintains plumbing fixtures,
water and sewer lines drainage, waste, and storm drain systems,
swamp coolers, drinking fountains, sprinkler systems, booster and
recirculation pumps, and water heaters.
- Installs, tests, repairs, maintains back-flow devices to meet
state, federal and local government codes.
- Conducts regular inspections of facilities to determine
- Applies water management practices in buildings.
- Performs annual winterization and spring startup of irrigation
systems including sprinkler systems, irrigation and culinary water
lines, pumps, and drinking fountains.
- Operates and maintans equipment such as backhoes, trackhoes,
- Responds to emergency situations during non-regular work
- Operates and maintains test equipment used for testing
back-flows, tracing wires, and drain cleaning devices.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, materials, tools,
and equipment to accomplish work assignments.
- Supervises seasonal employees and communicates effectively with
them on task requirements.
- Assists with the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of
central irrigation control equipment.
Park Operations Center-1402
Keywords: Salt Lake County, West Jordan , Irrigation/Plumbing Specialist, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!