Company: C-A-L Ranch
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Coordinates activities of cashiers. Keeps records of funds
received by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs cashiering and other clerical duties to relieve
subordinates during peak work periods.
- Searches records to assist subordinates in locating and
reconciling posting errors on customers invoices, compares cash
register totals with receipts in register to verify accuracy of
transactions. Allocates operating funds to cashiering
- Performs safe counts and prepares all cash registers before
store opening. Totals and summarizes funds received and prepares
bank deposit slip. Examines work for exactness, neatness and
conformance to policies and procedures.
- A cashiers responsibility is one of the most important in our
organization. You are the face of our company. The cashier may be
the only person to have contact with a customer. It is essential
that our cashiers represent C-A-L Ranch Stores as a company with
the highest standard of professionalism and courtesy. Our cashiers
must have legendary world class customer service skills as well as
a friendly and positive attitude.
- C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a mixture of ranch and farm supplies,
hard goods, soft lines, all targeted at the agriculturally oriented
- Cashiers are responsible for maintaining a balanced cash
drawer. As a cashier, you must be efficient and accurate.
- Knowledgeable on the cash drawer operating system so that
customers can move quickly through the checkout lines.
- Understand and operate the inventory system for price checking
and item look-ups.
- Make change; take checks; run credit/debit cards and issue
receipts or tickets to customers.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and
verifies against cash on hand.
- Gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers
for returned merchandise according to C-A-L Ranch Stores refund
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across
electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and
display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor
- C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a variety of items, of various sizes
and weights. Cashiers are required to regularly lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds, occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25
pounds. Any lifting over 25 lbs requires the help of a hand truck
and assistance from a second employee.
- All cashiers are required to watch C-A-L Ranch Stores safety
videos and perform their duties in accordance to safety
- Answer all incoming phone calls and forward them to the
- Cashiers must complete this task in a timely and efficient
- Assist in the training of other associates or new
- Stocks shelves, straightens merchandise, keep aisles and end
caps looking sharp.
- As a cashier you must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch
Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work
schedules are completed weekly.
- Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively
in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift materials weighing up to
Keywords: C-A-L Ranch, West Jordan , Head Cashier, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!