LPN Visiting Nurse
Company: Charter Healthcare Group
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the
Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse provides skilled nursing care
for assigned patients. He/she works cooperatively with the other
members of the Interdisciplinary Team. The LVN provides
intermittent visits or shifts of skilled nursing care, performs
prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and
symptom control, provides nursing observations, provides teaching
regarding the expected course of the disease, care techniques and
other health measures to the patient, family or other primary care
giver, provides counseling and supportive care to the patient and
family, and participates in the care plan development and
REPORTS TO: Registered Nurse
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of vocational/practical
Credentials: Current license within the State. Certification in
Hospice and Palliative
Experience: At least one year experience as a LVN/LPN .
Core Competencies: Ability to safely and effectively perform
procedures and techniques involved in the delivery of patient care.
Ability to follow a patient and family teaching plan. Ability to
function as a member of the nursing team and cooperate with
non-nursing professionals in the process of rendering nursing care.
Ability to identify potentially harmful changes inpatient condition
and report these changes timely, verbally and in writing. Ability
to plan a personal work schedule and work independently to complete
the assignment on a timely basis. Ability to communicate
effectively, verbally and in writing.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs skilled observation of patient condition, mental,
social and emotional status on each visit.
2. Demonstrates capacity to describe findings of the complete
patient inventory which accurately reflects patient condition.
3. Identifies potentially harmful changes in patient condition and
reports to the clinical supervisor and/or MD as required.
4. Contributes to the formulation and update of the nursing care
5. Under the direction of a registered nurse or supervisor, follows
patient's nursing care plan and Plan of Treatment prescribed by the
6. Provides patient and family with complete and accurate teaching
so that change in patient and patient caregiver behavior is
7. Administers personal, hygienic, and therapeutic measures for
8. Administers prescribed medications and treatments safely and
effectively as prescribed.
9. Records, and reports to the supervisor on the general physical
and mental condition of the patient.
10. Assists the physician and/or registered nurse in performing
11. Observes universal precautions. Prepares equipment for
treatments, including sterilization and observation of aseptic
12. Assists the patient with activities of dialing living and
encourages appropriate self-care.
13. Performs complete bedside nursing when required.
14. Makes regular entries in communication logs.
15. Takes emergency measures to preserve patient life and limb when
16. Provides accurate and timely information on patient progression
in the care plan.
17. Reports any changes inpatient visit schedule to the offices of
18. Completes all required documentation accurately and timely.
19. Delivers all the required documentation to the offices of the
Agency on the designated submission days of the week.
20. Adjusts self to diversified personalities, and uses tact and
judgment in dealing with patients.
21. Assists the Clinical Supervisor and/or RN Team Leader to
optimize schedules and routings for quality of care and containment
of agency costs.
22. Attends in-service presentations.
23. Participates in Agency Quality Improvement Program.
24. Attends weekly Team case conference to complete monthly patient
case conferences as required.
25. All other tasks and duties deemed necessary and
1. Evidence of good physical and mental health.
2. Able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to
3. Able to lift 25 lbs. from shoulder to overhead.
4. Able to push/pull 59 lbs.
5. Frequently required to assist with transferring of patients up
to 150 lbs.
6. Frequent bending.
7. Repetitive standing, walking and use of hands.
8. Average hearing/vision.
9. Phone communication ability.
10. Able to drive a car 2 to 4 hours a day.
Service Area: Salt Lake City and Davis County
Keywords: Charter Healthcare Group, West Jordan , LPN Visiting Nurse, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!