Grocery Department Head Assistant
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to
deliver outstanding and exceptional customer service. Establish and
maintain a safe, clean environment that encourages our customers to
return. Achieve sales/profit goals established for the department,
monitor established quality assurance standards, and control all
duties and activities for the department. Support day-to-day
functions of the Grocery operations. Demonstrate the company's core
values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, display a positive
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information
- Establish performance goals for department and empower
associates to meet or exceed targets through collaboration and
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume
throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and
participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, company
guidelines, and food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products
sold within the department and throughout the store; understand the
store's layout and be able to locate products.
- Inform customers of grocery specials and offer product samples
to help customers discover new items/products.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve
desired results by creating and executing sales promotions in
partnership with store management.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and
- Inform and educate department associates on promotions by
staying current with present, future, seasonal and special ads by
implementing the department period promotional plan.
- Assist store management in preparing store/department budget,
expense control, profit/loss reviews for the department and take
appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note
any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating
shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan and organize the inventory process by training department
associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures,
identifying unsafe conditions, practicing preventive maintenance,
properly inspecting equipment, notifying appropriate department or
store manager of any items in need of repair, and notifying
management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity,
including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be 18 or older
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school education or equivalent
- Management experience
- Grocery/Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of
the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates
139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states.
Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates,
generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and
food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information
visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || West Jordan || 4080 W 9000 S || 84088 ||
Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service ||
Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Grocery, Manager, Social Media, Merchandising, Food
Safety, Retail, Management, Marketing, Quality
Keywords: Kroger, West Jordan , Grocery Department Head Assistant, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!