Company: Aditi Consulting
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: OSP Engineer - II
Duration: 12+ months (with high possibility of
Location: West Jordan / Salt Lake City,
ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional
and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside
plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of
providing administrative and field support to the outside plant
work forces. 5-7 years of experience
Seeking candidates with OSP engineering experience deploying
fiber optic networks (preferably in the Salt Lake City area). Field
experience for engineering and construction as well as permit
application preparation/review a plus. Individuals with 3GIS,
ArcGIS, ESRI, Google Earth and other OSP telco industry standard
software plaftorms a plus as well.
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction
activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP
network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational
requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of
vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with
professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers,
municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and
operational efficiency to achieve goals in creative and effective
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes
intelligent decisions to ensure reliability within financial
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend
forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and
other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently
with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily
objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous
activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary
resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Current areas of responsibility include Salt Lake City and
surround areas. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with
some travel required. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may
be required depending on business demands.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of
interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and
resolve urgent/complex issues
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering
principles within OSP job related functional area to include
general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and
Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more
complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD,
Microstation, ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and well as NGPON/NGPON2
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus
We are a technology solutions company helping organizations
accelerate their business innovation and growth through project and
Keywords: Aditi Consulting, West Jordan , OSP Engineer, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!