RN Case Manager
Company: Charter Health Holdings
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 9, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is an experienced
registered professional nurse who initiates and coordinates the
care plan, provides skilled and palliative care and coordinates the
services provided to his/her patients. The RN works cooperatively
with the attending physician, Medical Director, and other members
of the interdisciplinary team. The RN regularly reviews and updates
the plan of care. Performs prescribed medical treatments, including
pain management and symptom control, conducts assessments and
evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Services
SUPERVISES: Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Credentials: Current RN License within the State. BSN
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse
within the last 3 years or have a Baccalaureate in Nursing from a
program accredited by the National League for Nursing
Core Competencies: Demonstrated competency in performance of
professional nursing functions. Requires excellent oral and written
communication skills. Ability to work with dying patients and their
families. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the
patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in
interacting with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs comprehensive nursing evaluations.
2. Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence
of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
3. Initiates plan of care and appropriate supervises, provides
appropriate nursing follow- up to all patients. Instructs
caregivers in managing patient needs and submits appropriate
documentation within 24 hours of visit.
4. Coordinates all services provided to patients/families in all
settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as
appropriateness of care.
5. Supervises the implementation of the approved plan of care,
modifies as needed, and contacts physician when appropriate.
6. Provides supervision of care team including Home Health Aides
7. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, and readily accepts new
admissions and emergency assignments as requested.
8. Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations.
9. Participates in QAPI program.
10. Observes for safety hazards in the patients and organizations
environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate
11. Maintains continuing education through academic studies,
seminars, and workshops.
12. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings, and
patient care conferences.
13. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible
14. Complies with home health policies and procedures, laws and
regulations and standards of practice.
1. Evidence of good physical and mental health.
2. Able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and from waist to
3. Able to lift 25 lbs. from shoulder to overhead.
4. Able to push/pull 50 lbs.
5. Frequently required to assist with transferring of patients.
6. Frequent bending.
7. Repetitive standing, walking and use of hands.
8. Average vision/hearing.
9. Phone communication ability.
10. Able to drive a car 2-4 hours per day.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Keywords: Charter Health Holdings, West Jordan , RN Case Manager, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!