Commercial Loan Processor
Cyprus Credit Union of Salt Lake City, UT is seeking to hire a
full-time Commercial Loan Processor/This position is responsible
for the processing and closing of small business & commercial loans
and oversees clerical support for borrower relationships and other
business lending activities. Responsible that all documents are
correct and complete, and ensures that loan deadlines are met.
Provides support and expertise to branch and call center staff
regarding business loan products. Interacts with underwriters and
loan officers on an ongoing basis to provide support for loan
This Position assumes responsibility for collecting information,
assisting with applications, ordering reports, and the processing
of business loans.
- Assists Business Loan Relationship Managers and Business
Advisors in gathering data for loan underwriting such as financial
documentation, real property tax valuations, articles of
incorporation, business licenses, credit reports, etc.
- Collects loan file documentation such as title reports,
insurance, environmental evaluations, SBA docs, etc.
- Interfaces with Title Company to order title reports and
ensures that title reports are accurate.
- Collects environmental data from borrower and orders
- Prepares paperwork to order appraisal reports and ensures that
appraisals are audited prior to loan funding
- Interfaces with Branch or other Business Services employees to
open business accounts and loads business loans. Ensures that
business loans are set up correctly and matches all loan
- Creates loan documents through document preparation
- Works with underwriters and loan officers to ensure loan
documentation is correct and all loan conditions are satisfied
prior to closing.
They will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining
effective documentation and ensuring compliance of business lending
- Receives all required signatures for loan funding.
- Completes loan file checklist to ensure that the loan complies
with internal audit guidelines.
- Prepares loan funding documentation and obtains funding
- Ensures that all new loans are boarded correctly.
- Regularly updates a pipeline report that shows loans in various
stages of underwriting.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication, coordination, and working relations with
Credit Union personnel and with management.
- Coordinates activities with branches and related departments
and obtains or conveys information as needed.
- Assists and supports Business Services personnel as
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Answers inbound phone calls from members and Cyprus
- Prepares loan application and other documentation to be signed
by loan applicants
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Business loans are processed in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Document preparation is accurate, neat, and timely.
- Files are current and well organized.
- Miscellaneous clerical functions are efficiently and
- Professional working relations with members. Assistance is
provided as needed. Questions are answered courteously and
- Good working relations and communications exist with Credit
Union personnel and with management. Assistance and support are
provided as needed. Management is appropriately informed.
High school graduate or equivalent. Associates or Bachelors
degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
Basic knowledge of business account services and procedures.
Familiarity with business loan programs and closing requirements.
Familiarity with general loan documentation helpful. Working
knowledge of financial statements and statement analysis. Basic
understanding of IRS documents 1040, Schedule C,1065, 1120 S, and
Schedule K1. Prior experience using document preparation software
One to three years of experience in a bank or credit union
Accurate and attentive to detail.
Strong typing abilities.
Ability to assist others.
Able to use computer, adding machine, copy machine, and basic
ABOUT CYPRUS CREDIT UNION
Cyprus Credit Union is member-owned and are overseen by a
volunteer board of directors. We feature branch locations across
the Wasatch Front to better serve the needs of our members. As we
look toward the future, we remain dedicated to providing the best
financial solutions, products, and resources to our members. We
truly mean it when we say 'your future is our future'.
READY TO JOIN OUR EXCEPTIONAL FINANCE TEAM? If you feel that you
would be right for this member services position, please fill out
our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application.