Sporting Goods Associate
Company: C-A-L Ranch
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Sells sporting goods; such as hunting and fishing equipment by
performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms
and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations.
You must provide legendary customer service experience to every
customer by greeting, consulting and assisting them in finding
merchandise and making buying decisions.
- Process firearms transactions in an efficient manner in
accordance with all internal policies, procedures and applicable
law. This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is
responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company,
state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to
- Responsible for physically acquiring and disposing all firearms
legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and
regulations and with C-A-L Ranch Stores policies. This includes
completing ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for
background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm
transfers for legality of the sale and complying with waiting
periods or other possible state requirements, and straw
- Responsible for assisting with the receipt of firearms in
accordance with company policy and applicable regulations, proper
and error free completion of all company forms, assistance with
performing firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, and
preparations of firearms for retail sale.
- Thorough product knowledge of C-A-L Ranch Stores products, and
the ability to assist customers in making purchasing decisions by
greeting, identifying and evaluating the customers need, and then
making appropriate product recommendations.
- Advises customer on type of equipment for specific purposes
such as length of fishing pole, and caliber and make of gun or
- Explains care of equipment and regulations of fish and game
laws. Informs customer of areas for hunting, fishing, or camping,
and cost of such outings.
- Responsible for the sale of fish and game licenses, and
- Effectively communicate to customers the C-A-L Ranch Credit
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance.
This includes: Re-stocking, re-merchandising, cleaning
- Takes inventory of stock. Efficiency with computer operating
system including inventory maintenance and cash drawer balancing is
- Requisitions merchandise from stockroom. Uses database to
research availability of merchandise. Processes orders.
- Complete weekly firearm audits.
- Assists in the training of other associates or new
- Sporting Goods Associates are required to regularly lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over
50 pounds. Any lifting over 50 lbs requires the help of a hand
truck and assistance from a second employee.
- All sales floor associates are required to watch C-A-L Ranch
Stores safety videos and perform their duties in accordance to
- Sporting Goods Associates must be physically present at the
C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Work schedules are completed weekly.
- Sporting Goods associates must pass a thorough background check
to sell or handle firearms and be 18 years of age or older.
- Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively
in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift materials weighing up to
Keywords: C-A-L Ranch, West Jordan , Sporting Goods Associate, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!