Loan Funding Representative
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, were changing the way people think about
and interact with personal finance.
Were a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and were at the forefront.
Were proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a
direct impact on peoples lives, with our core values guiding us
every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career,
and the financial world.
The Loan Funding Representative II partners with the Review team,
MET, and other internal and external partners to create a seamless
member experience. Funding representatives are the final checkpoint
to ensure the accuracy of loan information prior to disbursement.
As you successfully put our members interest first and run after
any problem that arises, you will be able to create a member
journey that is easy and convenient. You will play a key role in
helping our members achieve financial independence and contribute
to SoFis continued success.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Review payment and account detail for accuracy prior to
- Review applications that require bank account verification
pursuant to credit policies and procedures
- Reach out to members in the event additional information is
required. This may be by means of inbound or outbound phone calls,
emails, or text messages
- Provide world class customer service through friendly,
professional and responsive communication with both our internal
partners and members.
- Work closely with the Review team as subject matter experts to
answer questions about loan entry, loan servicers, product type
questions, and qualified education loans
- Communicate with various loan servicers/lenders and our Finance
& Accounting department to ensure proper payment.
- Research and handle payment issues and discrepancies as they
- Process refund payments in a timely manner.
- Send payment rosters to loan servicers so they know how to
allocate payments received from SoFi
- Review and process enrollments, account updates, and resolve
payment issues that may arise pertaining to SoFis At Work
- Use your resources. Familiarize yourself with the knowledge
base tool that houses the answers to any question regarding
policies and procedures.
- Documentation is key. Utilize available notation tools to
document the members account with information pertaining to your
interaction. Notes must be clear and concise.
- Be flexible and agile as responsibilities may change based on
business needs, as well as member's needs.
- Less than a one percent error rate for funding quality scores
for internal candidates.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Above average computer skills with web proficiency and
understanding of databases.
- Proficiency in excel is a must.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure and tight deadlines,
while successfully navigating complex work assignments/situations
efficiently and effectively.
- Have exceptional time management skills and ability to
- Establish productive working relationships with co-workers,
management, and members.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently applying
analytical skills required to manage tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in financial services industry
- Credit, underwriting and customer service experience
- College degree highly desired. High school diploma or GED
- Ability to take on projects as needed.
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the
health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November
1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any
of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.by Jobble
Keywords: Sofi, West Jordan , Loan Funding Representative, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!