Specialist Servicing Associate
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think
about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a
direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us
every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career,
and the financial world.
The Specialty Servicing Associate is responsible for investigating
and resolving consumer credit bureau disputes, including a review
of internal account records and communication of corrections to the
credit bureaus. Also responsible for backend admin processing,
including manually posting payments received by check, via mail,
online lockbox and wire payments; Processing refunds, performing
credit adjustments, and processing incoming mail.
What You'll Do
- Accurately input data into company system without errors
- Research, analyze and review data to ensure transactions are
correct, balanced and completed
- Ability to identify operational risks and their impacts related
to a specific task or procedure
- Ability to recognize potential problems that require
escalation, and partner with the appropriate stakeholders to find a
solution to the problem
- Maintain an awareness of and act in accordance with team goals
and business unit policies
- Ensure appropriate distribution of sensitive data or
- Interacts regularly with management and stakeholders from other
departments as needed
- Responds to general customer information inquiries
- Investigates/Answers/Resolves credit reporting disputes within
- Investigates disputes involving claims of fraud and/or identity
- Retrieves daily disputes received through E-Oscar. Researches
and responds to the dispute,performs the necessary updating of the
loan data and E-Oscar.
- Responds to questions regarding credit inquiries via mail and
- Responds to consumers request for good faith adjustments.
- Performs account level reviews and root cause analysis.
- Updates loan data on internal systems as needed.
- Performs all functions in accordance with all applicable laws
and regulations, including but not limited to the Fair Credit
Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Ensures confidential, sensitive information and data of the
Company is secured and disposed of in accordance with company
policies and guidelines.
- Maintains and logs all credit report inquiries and
- Verifies all reporting is in compliance with FCRA and CDIA
Credit Reporting Resource Guide.
- Review and process physical checks.
- Print and mail out statements to borrowers that have opted-out
of digital statements.
What You'll Need
- Proficient in data entry (10 key and alpha-numeric)
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with third party vendors
(credit bureaus, e-OSCAR) and internal customers
- Prior experience working with e-OSCAR
- Prior experience reviewing bankruptcy documentation and working
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in a bank or servicing environment
preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Proficient in MS Office (Proficiency in Excel required)
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with FCRA rules and regulations/Previous experience
working in a regulatory role
- Ability to read credit bureau reports
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in the consumer lending
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the
health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November
1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any
of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Keywords: SoFi, West Jordan , Specialist Servicing Associate, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!