Restaurant Host- Winter
Company: Solitude Mountain Resort
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Solitude Mountain
Resort in Solitude, UTSeasonal (Seasonal)
JOB TITLE: Restaurant Host/Hostess
DIVISION: Food & Beverage
LOCATION: Solitude Village
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time/ Full-Time/ Seasonal/ Hourly
POSITION: Starts Nov. 23' through May 24'
The Restaurant Host/Hostess is the first point of contact for
guests as they enter a restaurant, providing a warm welcome and
creating a positive initial impression. They manage guest
reservations, seating arrangements, and ensure a smooth flow of
customers in the dining area. The host/hostess plays a critical
role in enhancing the overall dining experience by delivering
excellent customer service and maintaining an organized
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and ability to remain composed during busy
- Customer-focused mindset and the ability to create a welcoming
- Proficiency in handling cash transactions and basic computer
- Multitasking capability to manage reservations, seating, and
guest inquiries simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work during peak hours, weekends, and
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in
the hospitality industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional hospitality
training is a plus.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests as they arrive with a friendly and welcoming
- Escort guests to their assigned tables, taking into account
reservations, group sizes, and special requests.
- Manage waiting lists and inform guests about estimated wait
- Handle reservation inquiries, both over the phone and in
- Maintain an accurate record of reservations, ensuring efficient
use of available tables.
- Confirm reservations in advance and communicate any special
requests to the kitchen and serving staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing guests'
questions, concerns, and special requests.
- Offer menu suggestions, information about daily specials, and
assist with dietary restrictions.
- Accommodate guest preferences and make appropriate seating
- Act as a liaison between guests and the kitchen staff, servers,
- Relay information about delays, changes in table availability,
and special occasions to the appropriate teams.
- Optimize seating arrangements to ensure even distribution of
guests and efficient table turnover.
- Maintain a keen awareness of the restaurant's layout and
available tables to minimize wait times.
- Keep the entrance area and waiting area clean, tidy, and
- Ensure menus are clean and available for guests as they
- Assist in managing the flow of customers to prevent
- Handle cash transactions for reservation deposits, if
applicable, and manage any payment processing for waitlist
- Inform guests about ongoing promotions, special events, and
loyalty programs to enhance their dining experience.
- Manage difficult situations or customer complaints
professionally and escalate issues to management as needed.
The Restaurant Host/Hostess is an essential part of the dining
experience, responsible for setting the tone for guests' visits and
ensuring they feel valued and well taken care of from the moment
they arrive. Their exceptional customer service and organizational
skills contribute significantly to the overall success of the
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
At Solitude Mountain Resort, we offer a variety of employee
benefits! First, you are lucky enough to be working in the
beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy mountain activities
before work, after work, on work breaks, and on days off!
Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross
country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more. Work
with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent opportunity
to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee events around
the resort. Some events include unique opportunities like employee
ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film festival ski movie
features, and many more summer activities- at work! You get to work
and play in the same place. Eligibility is dependent on all
employee classification of work.
Ski and Ride
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for
themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited
skiing/riding for winter employees with no blackout dates and bike
hauls for summer employees
- Free access to select Alterra Mountain Company Destinations
throughout North America for you and eligible dependents
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic &
Snowshoe Center for winter employees
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus pass
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members
through our Employee Assistance ProgramRequired
Keywords: Solitude Mountain Resort, West Jordan , Restaurant Host- Winter, Other , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!