Data Center Technician
Company: BGIS North America
Location: West Jordan
Posted on: November 12, 2021
BGIS is looking for a--Data Center Technician--to join the team
in--West Jordan, UT.------ BGIS--is a leading provider of
integrated real estate management services, including facilities
management, project management, energy & sustainability services,
strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital
planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems,
processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that
work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better
business performance and helping clients focus on their core
businesses. Purpose Statement:-- --Responsible for Tier I,
front-line support of IT and Network Infrastructure within the
raised floor areas of the Data Center. Support services are
provided on behalf of the owners of the systems, to help them keep
their systems and associated data securely protected and available
for running their businesses. Support functions will cover a wide
range of activities relating to installation, maintenance, and
ongoing operations of the cabinets, equipment, and communications
services inside the Data Center. RESPONSIBILITIES Installations and
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Responds to scheduled and emergency dispatches to Data Center
for after-hours service calls and security escorts.
- Completes physical installation and power-up (Rack & Stack) of
servers, peripherals, and network equipment.
- Completes physical installation, dressing, and connection of
fiber and copper communications cables.
- Provides installation and replacement services for
hot-swappable or modular hardware components, such as hard drives
and power supplies.
- Provides selected software support services such as controlled
system reboots, process/service reinitialization, and device
configuration under direction of customer specialists or other
- Provides visual inspection and status reporting services in
response to customer requests.
- Completes assigned and scheduled tasks in a timely manner in
accordance with customer deadlines.
- Site-specific roles will be defined in detail via supplemental
documentation provided at the Data Center.
- Details for specific work assignments, tasks, and procedures
will be provided as required. Safety
- Physical work requirements of position will include regular
walks through Data Center during the day, lifting servers and other
equipment (up to 30 kg), working from ladders, running cables,
working with hand tools and test equipment, etc.
- Must comply with all safety policies, practices and
- Provides security escort services for carriers, service
providers, and maintenance technicians.
- Ensures compliance with business requirements, via established
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and other performance indicators
(i.e. response time, resolution rate, service quality, customer
satisfaction) to ensure service levels are met. Asset Management
- Receives, records, & stores shipments of equipment & materials
for customers & Data Center use.
- Documents work in designated ticketing systems, asset
management systems, and other record keeping systems as required
for reference and audit purposes. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Minimum 2 years--- experience with IT and networking systems in
a technical or operations capacity in a Data Center environment or
equivalent work experience.
- Experience with dynamic Colocation and Managed Services
environments is preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of Data Center architectures and
systems for raised floor space: equipment cabinets, containment
solutions, final power distribution, computer systems, network
systems, cabling systems, communications circuits.
- Familiarity with Data Center security and audit standards:
HIPPA, ISO-27001, PCI, PWGSC, CSAE 3416, SSAE16, SOC 1, SOC 2.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft
Office & Visio, AutoCAD.
- Ability to act with urgency to provide world class customer
- Ability to work in a team environment where diversity,
knowledge transfer, and cohesiveness is promoted.
- Ability to work all shift schedules 7x24x365.-- On-call
rotation as assigned.
- Previous applied work experience with computer server hardware
systems running Windows or UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of network hardware equipment
and TCP/IP networking principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers, colleagues, and
other service providers to plan and execute tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated high standards for workmanship, organization, and
cleanliness with tasks, equipment, and workspaces.
- Demonstrated good troubleshooting skills to investigate and
resolve systems and infrastructure problems.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills and maintain good
relations with customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications
- Supplemental accreditations from established industry
organizations such as Cisco (e.g. CCNA, CCNP), CompTIA (e.g. A+),
Microsoft (e.g. MCSA, MCSE), Uptime Institute (e.g. AOS) are
beneficial. Physical Demands and Work Environment--
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits
away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or
feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls. Our company culture
includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee
initiatives that promote personal and professional development,
work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every
employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from
all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or
any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the
relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training. BGIS is committed to
strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining
minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our
commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the
outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of
our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral
component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.--
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: BGIS North America, West Jordan , Data Center Technician, Professions , West Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!